Having a boat can be very exciting, although there are certain rules of the water that you must follow, a boat is a vehicle, and you need to have an adequate insurance policy to cover your boat, Founders Insurance in Woodstock can help make your time on the water relaxing and worry-free. We will find comprehensive protection that protects you, your friends and family, your watercraft and your boating equipment.
Insurance coverage differs by state, so knowing the laws in Georgia, that are specific to your boat is crucial. Do you know what to look for in a boat insurance policy? Founders Insurance can help you determine the proper coverage to meet your specific needs.
Here are some items you’ll need to consider when shopping for a Georgia boat insurance:
- Navigational Area: Know where you are covered in the water. Some insurance companies offer protection that covers you up to 75 miles from the U.S. coastline. In certain states, coverage for additional areas can be purchased.
- Agreed Value Coverage vs. Actual Cash Value: Watercrafts depreciate just like cars. Actual cash value policies can make it difficult to replace a boat that has been stolen or destroyed. With Agreed Value Coverage, if your boat is a total loss you will get the value you insured it for, minus any deductible.
- Liability: Liability coverage provides coverage to other boaters and boat owners in the event you are at-fault for an accident on the water.
- Medical Payments: Medical payments coverage will pay for the cost of needed care that is the result of a boating accident. It covers you, your passengers, and even your water skiers/tubers, regardless of who is at-fault.
- Physical Damage: This coverage pays for the cost to repair or replace your watercraft, your trailer, and any permanently attached equipment if it is damaged or stolen.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Watercraft Bodily Injury: Since boat insurance is not always mandatory, many boaters choose not to get insurance. If you are hit by an uninsured or underinsured boater, this type of coverage pays for medical treatment and other costs associated with the accident.
- Personal Effects: Your policy can provide coverage for many personal effects, including clothing, cell phones, water sports equipment, and fishing equipment.
- Unattached Equipment Coverage: This pays to repair or replace equipment that isn’t permanently attached to your boat but is designed for use primarily on a boat. This includes items like life jackets, anchors, oars, and fire extinguishers.
- Fuel Spill Liability and Wreckage Removal: Should your boat be seriously damaged or sink, you are required by law to have this cleaned up.
Every need is unique – contact Founders Insurance Group today to get the best boat insurance coverage for you. We are committed to providing affordable boat insurance coverage in Woodstock, Atlanta, Acworth, Kennesaw, Roswell, Alpharetta, Milton, and the surrounding areas. Contact us for a free quote today! Call us for a free quote today!